Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The New York Times > Arts > Television > 'Jeopardy!' Whiz Ken Jennings Loses

The New York Times > Arts > Television > 'Jeopardy!' Whiz Ken Jennings Loses

I was watching Jeopardy almost everyday when I was in the U.S. And just when I was leaving I had the chance to watch Ken Jennings win game after game of Jeopardy. This guy was simply amazing. At one point of time, I remembered Robert Redford's 'Quiz Show' ( if you haven't watched it - you must - it is a great movie). I mean, this guy's performance was superhuman. You asked any question and he had the right answer. How could I not think of Quiz Show ?

Also, this guy being a devout Mormon and all, is a teetotaller. Yet, he knew his alcohol quite well! Well enough to answer Jeopardy questions at least. Anyway, seeing this news item on NYTimes brought back 'memories' (Memories ? - This guy was on TV just a few months ago!) of my apartment in the US.

I was happy to see him down to earth and concerned about his finances even after his windfall. I should probably take a leaf out of his book - even though I haven't received any windfall like him!

Anyway, this news item tickled something in me - enough to make me blog it!

No comments: